Thread: Cannot delete User

Cannot delete User

ERROR: 17-May-2017 10:46:05: Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails (`pos`.`attendence_history`, CONSTRAINT `FKDFE829A3E20AD51` FOREIGN KEY (`USER_ID`) REFERENCES `users` (`AUTO_ID`))
    ERROR: 17-May-2017 10:46:05: Could not synchronize database state with session

http://go.p-os.com/j

You have to remove all permissions from the user first.

I agree, it would be nice if the system would do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by clearchristx View Post
    You have to remove all permissions from the user first.

I agree, it would be nice if the system would do it for you.
    I don't believe this is a user permission error. Say I have four servers under the SERVER user type, that would mean I would have to remove all four servers and SERVER user type and then reenter the three that are still working at the restaurant. From the log file it is saying it is a DB table constraint issue.

If this is something where you really can't delete these DB table entries because it screws up reporting then I would be okay with a checkbox in the Edit User dialog that is called, Employee. Then if this is unchecked the user wouldn't show up in interfaces like "Transfer table".

Actually, you are right. What I described was the error when removing a user group.

You might not be able to delete users, because of records kept on sales, hours, etc. Would be nice to have an "active" or "inactive" checkbox to prevent inclusion in reports, etc.

Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails (`pos`.`attendence_history`, CONSTRAINT `FKDFE829A3E20AD51` FOREIGN KEY (`USER_ID`) REFERENCES `users` (`AUTO_ID`))
    This is because there are attendance data for that users. @clearchristx , thank you. we have a plan to add option to set a user inactive.