Thread: Adding New Merchant Gateway

Adding New Merchant Gateway

I am in the process of adding a new gateway provider to handle my credit card transactions since Authorize.Net doesn't have good tipping support. I get a lot of calls about the pre-authorization amount and I also lose a lot of money because of tips over 20%. I have found a company called BluePay and they have great restaurant support. BluePay supports Java so I have a baseline SDK to work with and the code is going to be pretty identical to the Authorize.Net integration as all transactions are processed over HTTPS.

My question is about integrating a new merchant gateway. Does anyone know the location of all the files and the actual files I would need to duplicate from the Authorize.Net implementation? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

While I can't help much with your question, the problem with the pre-auth by authorize.net seems to be common and a member here "Rich" was able to fix it if I remember correctly. Here is the thread, it might be helpful for you: https://forum.floreantpos.org/showth...r705-and-above
    Owner of Peppers Restaurant, Bakery & Cafe in Ubon Ratchathani Thailand.
    Using: Floreant 1.4 Build 705, 15" Touchscreen ( Windows 7 SP1, 2GB Ram, 1,86GHZ Atom CPU ), Epson TM-T82 ( LAN ), Cash Drawer connected with RJ11 to Epson ), Database: Derby Single

Quote Originally Posted by NiwPix View Post
    While I can't help much with your question, the problem with the pre-auth by authorize.net seems to be common and a member here "Rich" was able to fix it if I remember correctly. Here is the thread, it might be helpful for you: https://forum.floreantpos.org/showth...r705-and-above
    Thanks @NiwPix. I read through the thread and I am experiencing the later part of that thread where pre-auth amounts are higher than the actual bill. I didn't see the two transactions / void issue Rich initially brought up. The problem is that CC companies now send e-mails and text messages immediately when a transaction is processed. Obviously this is all configurable in the users bank account so this isn't true for everyone. But I have experienced take-out orders where 5 seconds after swiping the card the customer is showing me his phone where I charged him too much. We've gotten good at explaining why this is and it leaves a warm fuzzy feeling with the customer so it really isn't a big issue.

With that being said, it isn't how the majority of the restaurants work in the US and that is when I discovered BluePay. They have the ability to CAPTURE a payment and then at a later time you can add the tip and it shows up as one charge on the customer's CC statement. You can also do PRE-AUTH at the exact bill amount and then add the tip later and CAPTURE payment. It is really your choice on which approach you prefer but the first approach (CAPTURE) is preferable because transactions where no tip was left do not have to be CAPTURED at a later time. So it saves a lot of time when batching out at the end of the night.