Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to connect to MySQL Server

Quote Originally Posted by NiwPix View Post
    I did make sure username and password are correct. I had no luck connecting so far.
    This coming week I will try to connect to an external Server and see how that works. Once I have this working, I can focus more on bug reporting and duplicating errors. With my current setup, I only have one POS and thats in constant use. No time to trouble shoot. Having a second terminal and also being able to connect the office computer will make things sooo much easier . Will keep you guys posted.
    Most likely you need to run this command from MySQL client changing the IP Address and YOUR-PASSWORD. I have Floreant running with two POS terminals connecting to a dedicated Ubuntu server running MySQL.

GRANT ALL ON peppers_pos.* TO '123peppers'@'192.168.1.20' IDENTIFIED BY 'YOUR-PASSWORD' WITH GRANT OPTION;

Also if you commented out bind-address in mysql.conf, you may have to uncomment it and change it to this, then restart MySQL. I had this problem on Linux.

bind-address = 192.168.1.23

Thank you for your help. I will try the external server first and if this still causes trouble, I will try your solution
    Owner of Peppers Restaurant, Bakery & Cafe in Ubon Ratchathani Thailand.
    Using: Floreant 1.4 Build 705, 15" Touchscreen ( Windows 7 SP1, 2GB Ram, 1,86GHZ Atom CPU ), Epson TM-T82 ( LAN ), Cash Drawer connected with RJ11 to Epson ), Database: Derby Single