Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tickets periodically not closing

First of all, we need to regenerate the problem. In our testing we connect receipt printer to USB. We also talked to one restaurants who has been using it in live and they never had such problem. Feel free to download full source, debug and explore. If anything you find .we will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    First of all, we need to regenerate the problem. In our testing we connect receipt printer to USB. We also talked to one restaurants who has been using it in live and they never had such problem. Feel free to download full source, debug and explore. If anything you find .we will fix it.
    Yes our setup is the same, receipt printer is connected to POS terminal via USB. NiwPix on another thread said he has seen the same issue (periodically). I guess all I am asking for is a little guidance where to look. Like where is the code the does the PAID and SETTLED DB call. I'm a programmer for 15 years so I can assist in fixing these bugs but a little help from you guys would be greatly appreciated. I am new to the project so don't know the code base like you guys.

I am hoping in the coming week, I can help a bit with troubleshooting the problem. Right now I only have one POS running and its being used in the restaurant.
    I need to get MySQL running first before I can be of any help trying to duplicate the problem...hopefully this week
    Owner of Peppers Restaurant, Bakery & Cafe in Ubon Ratchathani Thailand.
    Using: Floreant 1.4 Build 705, 15" Touchscreen ( Windows 7 SP1, 2GB Ram, 1,86GHZ Atom CPU ), Epson TM-T82 ( LAN ), Cash Drawer connected with RJ11 to Epson ), Database: Derby Single

I learned that OROCUBE is going to change close option. You will be able to close the ticket in such situation. Even in case the ticket is not fully paid, some store wanted to close the ticket. So they will be able to close it.

Sounds good, shouldn't the bug still be tracked down though? Also any ETA on next release?

I have been running 1.4 build 1702 for two days now and I am still seeing tickets periodically not being closed. Let me know if the developers would like my assistance in tracking down this bug.

Quote Originally Posted by bzark View Post
    I have been running 1.4 build 1702 for two days now and I am still seeing tickets periodically not being closed. Let me know if the developers would like my assistance in tracking down this bug.
    Are you keeping a record of the output of floreant? I pipe stdout and stderr to a file so that if any errors come up, they are logged.

This almost sounds like a DB related error.

Quote Originally Posted by clearchristx View Post
    Are you keeping a record of the output of floreant? I pipe stdout and stderr to a file so that if any errors come up, they are logged.

This almost sounds like a DB related error.
    If you are talking about what gets written to floreantpos.log file then yes that is happening on both my terminals. There are never any errors in the log file when this happens.

There is one other forum member (can't remember his name) that also said he was seeing this issue as well (periodically) and I do believe he is running Derby not MySQL. He responded on another thread I had started but I cannot find it at the moment. If you have any suggestions of "DB related errors" to check for I can certainly do that. My POS system is completely hard wired (Ethernet) including the kitchen and deli printers.

Quote Originally Posted by bzark View Post
    If you are talking about what gets written to floreantpos.log file then yes that is happening on both my terminals. There are never any errors in the log file when this happens.

There is one other forum member (can't remember his name) that also said he was seeing this issue as well (periodically) and I do believe he is running Derby not MySQL. He responded on another thread I had started but I cannot find it at the moment. If you have any suggestions of "DB related errors" to check for I can certainly do that. My POS system is completely hard wired (Ethernet) including the kitchen and deli printers.
    Well, I'm talking about less of an error with the database software, and more a problem with the queries. Like if an insert is made, but the insert violates some constraint in the DB, so the insert fails...

I also log errors from my database software, sometimes the DB logs can be helpful.

BTW, you aren't using "group settle" at all, are you? To my knowledge, it doesn't work right, and one of the tickets in group settle won't be settled.