Thread: drawer kick option for receipt printer

drawer kick option for receipt printer

hi, my current setup for my receipt printer (epson tm-u220) is that i use it also to print beverage/drink orders aside from printing payment receipt. a cash register is connected directly to the printer.

my problem is every time the printer prints with beverage/drink orders, it opens the cash register or does a drawer kick.

how can i disable drawer kick when it just prints beverage/drink orders?

thanks.

Yeah, thats a good question. I have a similar setup and everything we print a receipt for customer ( to bring to the table for the customer to review ) or when voiding a ticket, the drawer kicks. Haven't found a solution for that yet. If you do find one, please let us know
    Owner of Peppers Restaurant, Bakery & Cafe in Ubon Ratchathani Thailand.
    Using: Floreant 1.4 Build 705, 15" Touchscreen ( Windows 7 SP1, 2GB Ram, 1,86GHZ Atom CPU ), Epson TM-T82 ( LAN ), Cash Drawer connected with RJ11 to Epson ), Database: Derby Single

Perip.jpgHere is what i did for this problem. Get an external usb to cash drawer trigger and leave the printer alone. Only annoyance is you will have more wires around your computer.
    It is very simple and works perfectly fine.
    I ordered from the following site. You may order from a few different places usually China.

1-Connect the your wire from cash draw to usb trigger and usb trigger to a usb port. Install the driver. Go to you device manager. There you will find your usb to serial kind of device.
    Get the com number. (Every time you remove usb from computer and re put a different usb port this cum number will change. So let's say first time com number is 5 and tomorrow your smart employee remove this and put his phone charger there while you are away and S/he put it back or different usb port it will stop working. ) So get the com number from device manager. Now go to Back office and go to Config. ---> go to Peripherals and Put the com port you got from your device manager to here under "Drawer Port" section. Number 27 will be sufficent to do the job.

http://www.banggood.com/DT-100U-Cash...l?rmmds=search
    Last edited by aogonearth; 03-14-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Thank you for the info. I just placed the order for that Device
    Owner of Peppers Restaurant, Bakery & Cafe in Ubon Ratchathani Thailand.
    Using: Floreant 1.4 Build 705, 15" Touchscreen ( Windows 7 SP1, 2GB Ram, 1,86GHZ Atom CPU ), Epson TM-T82 ( LAN ), Cash Drawer connected with RJ11 to Epson ), Database: Derby Single

Let me know if you need further help with this or struggle, don't forget you will need a standard USB cable for printers also.