Thread: Paid and Paid (Closed)

Paid and Paid (Closed)

Good Day,

I am trying to figure out the difference between "Paid" and "Paid (Closed)". When closing the draw, there is a balance of $66.00 when it should read $0.00. What would cause the bill to stay as "paid" and not "paid closed"? The total of the tickets under Paid adds up to the $66.00.

Paid:
    paid.jpg

Paid Closed:
    paid closed.jpg

Draw status after closing draw for the day
    draw status.jpg

Thanks you.

Quote Originally Posted by delcock View Post
    Good Day,

I am trying to figure out the difference between "Paid" and "Paid (Closed)". When closing the draw, there is a balance of $66.00 when it should read $0.00. What would cause the bill to stay as "paid" and not "paid closed"? The total of the tickets under Paid adds up to the $66.00.

Paid:
    paid.jpg

Paid Closed:
    paid closed.jpg

Draw status after closing draw for the day
    draw status.jpg

Thanks you.
    When it is "paid" and not closed check still stays open. It will just show the paid amount. So you can go back and add new items. How ever if you go to the specific department from back office and edit the department you are working put check mark "close on paid" or similar setting from edit button (i am away from system) and check should be closed after the payment is taken. Before you close the draw all paid checks need to be closed not paid. If you leave them in "paid" state, it will go to the record of the day you close them. I am having issue with the cashier and supervisor they also leave some checks in "Paid" state and some one else need to close next day and this is causing some conflicts with the report for the day. So all employees, cashiers, supervisors etc etc dealing with closing the checks need to be enforced closing the checks. Not just hit the dollar amount and take the money. Good luck.

Concept is pretty simple. Closed means Ordered+Paid+Served. If we close ticket#902, it means this ticket has performed all the steps and we no longer need But if Order is not served yet. Like we see in home delivery or drive thru, Our POS shows that status PAID. Customer has done his job. Now when you have served food, login and close the ticket. If a ticket has been pre-auth with tips, then customer may have paid, but ticket cannot be processed until the card has been updated with tips amount and processed.

In case of retail store, Paid means closed. In case of QSR, cashier may deliver food and get payment immediately. You can set that in order type. So when a ticket is paid, system will push it to closed.

Thank You. I will review, reproduce and inform users of process.

Thank You for your detailed explanation. This has certainly proven beneficial.