Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting for a new release this week, FloreantPOS 1.5 :)

I just got around figuring out how to get the newest release. So, I am now on r1040 and ran into a problem already. I copied my current Database folder ( 705 ) over the r1040 database folder and then launched 1040.
    The problems I ran into ( logged in as admin )
    - Back office, can not open "admin--->configuration"
    - Back office, can not open "explorer--->menu items" ( I can however, open menu categories and menu groups )
    - after logging in, I see categories and groups, but not my menu items ( I did try and import them using the import feature ).

I also did try opening these items BEFORE copying my database and worked without any problems.
    So, this leads me to believe that I did something wrong during the copying process. Did forget to copy a folder that is also needed?
    with 705 I am on Derby Single if that matters.
    Owner of Peppers Restaurant, Bakery & Cafe in Ubon Ratchathani Thailand.
    Using: Floreant 1.4 Build 705, 15" Touchscreen ( Windows 7 SP1, 2GB Ram, 1,86GHZ Atom CPU ), Epson TM-T82 ( LAN ), Cash Drawer connected with RJ11 to Epson ), Database: Derby Single

Quote Originally Posted by NiwPix View Post
    I just got around figuring out how to get the newest release. So, I am now on r1040 and ran into a problem already. I copied my current Database folder ( 705 ) over the r1040 database folder and then launched 1040.
    The problems I ran into ( logged in as admin )
    - Back office, can not open "admin--->configuration"
    - Back office, can not open "explorer--->menu items" ( I can however, open menu categories and menu groups )
    - after logging in, I see categories and groups, but not my menu items ( I did try and import them using the import feature ).

I also did try opening these items BEFORE copying my database and worked without any problems.
    So, this leads me to believe that I did something wrong during the copying process. Did forget to copy a folder that is also needed?
    with 705 I am on Derby Single if that matters.

We have not yet tested with existing database. Try 1042 and if that does not work wait for the stable release.

Just tried 1042 and that didn't fix the problem.

A suggestions for the new release....I see in the payment screen, pre-selected denominations. Is it possible to change the value of these denominations? Different countries have different currencies / denominations. I didn't see the option to change the value.

And 2 questions .
    1) I saw in the login screen "switchboard". I didn't know what that means and don't notice anything out of the ordinary when clicking it. I googled switchboard, but it says something about telephone lines etc....can that be? What does switchboard mean / do on floreant?

2) I saw a new feature to activate a display pole that gets connected via one of the ports. However, my screen has an integrated customer display...how do I activate an integrated customer display that does not require a port? See attached picture for the touchscreen I use:
    bm-t1414574836.jpg

Patiently waiting for the stable release
    Owner of Peppers Restaurant, Bakery & Cafe in Ubon Ratchathani Thailand.
    Using: Floreant 1.4 Build 705, 15" Touchscreen ( Windows 7 SP1, 2GB Ram, 1,86GHZ Atom CPU ), Epson TM-T82 ( LAN ), Cash Drawer connected with RJ11 to Epson ), Database: Derby Single

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    @Klasa What version of Floreant are you using. What is your database? Are you running that with admin permission?
    Hi,
    I was using 1037, derby single, with admin permissions. On a Microsoft Surface Pro tablet.

Klasa - Try to recompile data and check.
    @NiwPix, We tested that with standard 2x20 LED Customer display pole.
    Check your hardware manual how your one is connected and how to program them.

Thank you, the two issues I mentioned earlier are fixed in the current source code.
    The main issue now I am dealing with, is that the resolution/scale of the window as a whole is a bit small for tablet size (11" surface pro 3). Is there a way to adjust this?
    Also, the "Total" button text font size does not seem to scale with the other text, when you change the font size.

Klasa

Button side may not look great in high resolution. Till we move to that option, you can adjust screen resolution to 1024/768 or similar. This link may be useful.
    http://lifehacker.com/how-to-make-wi...lut-1711254465

Just an FYI, I've been checking out 1048, using MySQL and I can't get into the admin section - works fine in DERBY, but not in MySQL. Not sure why that might be. I can get in on 1016 using the same database, but not on 1048. 'Thought you might want to know. Best! Rich.

ok, an update: as of 1069, it seems there's been some subtle changes to the database. The result is that you can't seem to easily migrate from previous releases (eg: 706, et. al) forward. My issue of not being able to access the admin panel went away once I scrapped my previous data and just started from scratch. It's not a deal breaker for me, but it would certainly be nice to be able to bring historical data forward. For the time being, I'm keeping an older version available for my bookeeper, and planning to move forward with the newest revision as it comes available and is relatively stable.

Best!

We are adding more flexibility in Item Pricing, especially availability of items by Order types. For now database may not be directly upgradable (we will find a way to do) but end of the day it will worth. Here is an example of pricing matrix that we are going to support.