Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Waiting for a new release this week, FloreantPOS 1.5 :)

No news about when we'll be able try the latest inventory plugin improvements?.

Advice needed...
    I bought a POS Terminal in July last year and in August decided to go with Floreant. I got familiar with the program and entered all or menu items etc...mid December everything was set and ready, but that is not a good time to release a new system to staff, because it is busy and it will take time for them to learn it. So I had it there for them to practice and play around with and to go live in early January. While they were practicing we ran into a fairly big problem, but the admin team were able to fix it.
    However, I then heard a new version is on the way. As all new versions, it will be bigger and better.
    So I decided to wait for the new release. I didn't want my waitstaff to learn a system and "shortly" after, re-learn everything.
    Now we are in May. I see constant updates, but no new official releases and now am wondering when will the new version be officially available.
    Another reason I do not want to use 705 and then update, is because from what I read / understood, after every update you loose you Back office sales reports etc. I definitely need those to compare and review sales of the previous week(s)/month(s)/year(s).
    So, if I go with version 705, I won't update to the next official release because I will loose sales reports and would have to "re-train" staff ( I am in Thailand and these guys struggle with english, so it will already take quite some time and effort to learn version 705...if shortly after I update to 1xxx, I don't even want to imagine their morale and confidence in learning the pos ).

Should I use 705 and just stick with it for a while ( at least until the loss of sales data and menu import is fixed ) or is the new official release actually really going to happen soon? Like I said, once I decide on a version, I don't want to update anymore unless it is necessary.
    Owner of Peppers Restaurant, Bakery & Cafe in Ubon Ratchathani Thailand.
    Using: Floreant 1.4 Build 705, 15" Touchscreen ( Windows 7 SP1, 2GB Ram, 1,86GHZ Atom CPU ), Epson TM-T82 ( LAN ), Cash Drawer connected with RJ11 to Epson ), Database: Derby Single

Request for help, please.
    I have been trying to get the new beta build source code up and running with my old db/menu items. I am using A Derby single server, windows 10 on a Microsoft surface, build compilation is 1.4b1210.
    When I try to simply copy and paste my old PosDB folder in, the "dine in, take out, retail, pickup" buttons no longer show and I cannot see any items in the Admin Explorers.

So I created a new DB schema and then used the "import menu" function....
    When i try to Import Menu using the admin function, the items successfully show in the Admin Explorer categories, but buttons do NOT show in the interface for the options or items. Visibility is checked.

Additionally, if I try to create new Menu groups, categories, or items, these also do not show up in the active interface (just in the Explorers).

Quote Originally Posted by Klasa View Post
    Request for help, please.
    I have been trying to get the new beta build source code up and running with my old db/menu items. I am using A Derby single server, windows 10 on a Microsoft surface, build compilation is 1.4b1210.
    When I try to simply copy and paste my old PosDB folder in, the "dine in, take out, retail, pickup" buttons no longer show and I cannot see any items in the Admin Explorers.

So I created a new DB schema and then used the "import menu" function....
    When i try to Import Menu using the admin function, the items successfully show in the Admin Explorer categories, but buttons do NOT show in the interface for the options or items. Visibility is checked.

Additionally, if I try to create new Menu groups, categories, or items, these also do not show up in the active interface (just in the Explorers).
    I have the same problem. Others have the problem as well and if I understood correctly it is because some of your menu items uses specials characters, For example: &
    Hopefully this will be fixed for then official release
    Owner of Peppers Restaurant, Bakery & Cafe in Ubon Ratchathani Thailand.
    Using: Floreant 1.4 Build 705, 15" Touchscreen ( Windows 7 SP1, 2GB Ram, 1,86GHZ Atom CPU ), Epson TM-T82 ( LAN ), Cash Drawer connected with RJ11 to Epson ), Database: Derby Single

NiwPix, you know that We are continuously improving it. All features in Take out system has been done and we have no major bugs. So you can test it and can get preparation for it. We want to wait for some more features in DINE IN / Bar tab order type.

Waiting for new version also