Thread: Error Code:03 when printing

Error Code:03 when printing

Using version 1.03, Win 7 Pro 32 bit machine. Receipt printer is a Citizen CT-S31011, kitchen printer is a BrainyDeal SC9-2012.

Any time I try to print , dialog window pops up reading 'An unknown error occurred. Please reboot the system. Error Code:03' from Jasperviewer. If I try to print, the application sometimes crashes (client only, not the server). Either way, nothing ever prints.

Both printers are installed and operating in Windows.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Ross V
    Syracuse, NY

Upgrade to 1.4 Nightly built. They are more stable than 1.03. We are preparing our release with 1.4.

floreantpos-1.4-SNAPSHOT-020614 will not start. Derby fails with message COuld not find or load main class org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl

Running floreantpos batch file pops a cmd windows which closes immediately. POS never starts.

Make sure you set java PATH in your environment variable

valleyinn,

Did you verify that the printers are functioning with a test print? If so be sure that they are installed on the COM1 port. Seems this is where floreant likes printers. I find that if the printer installs it own virtual port that usually does not work.
    Last edited by dwuanei; 10-15-2014 at 08:57 PM.

The printers are on ports USB001 and USB002, as they are USB printers. I can print test pages from the printer properties dialog box. If I change that to COM1: they no longer print the test page from Widows.

Ross / Valleyinn

It is set correctly. I still cannot get either the db or app to start.. Is this the most recent build?

What version of java do you have installed?

Running JRE 1.8.0_25. Path to java bin is correct. Still running floreantpos-1.4-SNAPSHOT-020614. When I run start-server bat file in sample-db folder it fails with message Could not find or load main class org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl.

Closing this outdated thread.